The 2LS layout system, developed and perfected by Storm, is a preferred layout system for two-handed or thumbless bowlers. Please consult the PAP glossary item first before becoming familiar with layout systems as the PAP is the integral part of any layout.
- Storm Arc Ruler, Steel Span Ruler, Heim Versa Tool or other ruler to draw semi-circles.
- Turbo Pro-Sect. This tool is used to mark all your perpendicular lines and retrace from your PAP.
2LS uses 3 measurements.
- Pin to PAP distance.
- This controls track flare and hook potential.
- 4″ would be considered very strong overall ball motion. Anything shorter will hook earlier and anything longer will hook later.
- Mass Bias to PAP distance.
- This will determine the hook shape off the pattern.
- from 3/4 to 3 3/8 will make the ball roll earlier and be more “forward”.
- from 3 3/8 to 6 will make the ball roll later and have a smoother/quicker motion in the backend.
- Pin to CoG (Center of Grip)
- This will determine where the mass is taken out of the weight block.
- from 3/4 to 3 3/8 will make the ball very smooth overall
- This will decrease the differential of the drilled bowling ball from it’s original number.
- from 3 3/8 to 6 will make the ball stronger overall
- This will increase the differential of the drilled bowling ball from it’s original number
When using the 2LS technique, it is very helpful to use the Lightning Chart provided by Storm. It is not necessary if you are very proficient with the Pro Sect.« Back to Glossary Index